Kamen Rider FTW!


Seeing the above clip of Facebook, reminded me that I’ve always been more of a Rider-fan, than I have been Power Rangers, or even Ultraman, of the tokusatsu-genre, truth be told! one of my earlier toy dreams was to own one of their “Cyclone” motorbikes! And who could resist RIDER KICK! Which at the height of kung-fu mania in the late-70s, thanks to Bruce Lee and televisions shows such as these (and the Super Sentai etc lol).


Alas thru the years’ I’ve as-yet to procure a Cyclone (it MUST be a 1/6th-scale one or nothing lol), but I’ve had a small select collection of Masked / Kamen Rider figures - which in my youth I had termed “蚂蚁王” (Chinese translated to “Ant King”, because I thought they looked like ANTS with their helmet and feelers LOL), instead of their “grasshopper”-themed aesthetic! Funnily, maybe ti also because I dod not have a chance to see a real-life grasshopper in person (*true story, bro) hahahaha

I was fortunate to snag a couple of larger-sized figures last year, with this snaps a prelude to (eventual) review in the daaaaays to come :)

#MaskedRider 1&2 from Bandai #shortlisted for #toptentoys2016 #toylife #toysreviltoptentoysof2016

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on



Meanwhile, scroll down to view the FULL film for “Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker” - by which the climax was an excerpt from! Alas this embed does not have English subtitles, but I am happy just to see all the Riders together LOL

Kamen Rider Decade the Movie: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker (劇場版 仮面ライダーディケイド オールライダー対大ショッカー Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Dikeido Ōru Raidā Tai Daishokkā?, Masked Rider Decade the Movie: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker) is the film adaptation of the 2009 Kamen Rider Series Kamen Rider Decade. The film was released in Japanese theaters on August 8, 2009, alongside the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger film, Samurai Sentai Shinkenger The Movie: The Fateful War. In its first week in theaters, it opened at the #1 spot, edging out Harry Potter (#2) and Pokémon (#3),[1] earning over 2 billion yen (approx. US$21M) in box office revenues.[2] It is the highest grossing Kamen Rider film to date.” Wiki

Comments

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.